REGISTRATION FOR 2016 IS CLOSED! If you have already registered and still need to pay your entry fee - please do so ASAP to insure your spot in the parade line up. NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED
The theme for this year is "The Gift of Christmas".
Once you complete the registration form - submit payment by clicking on the appropriate Fee payment button below or sending a check to :
McKinney Rotary Foundation
PO BOX 552
McKinney, TX 75069
DEADLINE for regular registration is Nov. 29
NON-PROFITS $50.00 PER ENTRY
(Must provide proof of Non-Profit status to be eligible for this rate.)
COMMERCIAL or BUSINESS (For-Profit) $100.00 PER ENTRY
CARS / CAR CLUBS $15.00 PER CAR
POLITICAL CANDIDATES $100.00
NO MOTORCYCLES OR HORSES ALLOWED IN THE PARADE FOR SAFETY CONCERNS.
1st - $1000.00
2nd - $500.00
3rd - $300.00
4th - $200.00
PARADE RULES. Entries are non-refundable should the parade be cancelled due to inclement weather, proceeds from the parade go to charities supported by the Rotary Foundation including the All-Abilities Playground.
1. NOTHING THROWN. For safety reasons, nothing can be thrown from the floats. (No candy, toys, confetti, etc).
2. HEIGHT REQUIREMENTS: For safety reasons, no entries can exceed 12 feet in height.
3. APPROVAL: After lineup, all vehicles and groups will need to be approved by parade committee member.
4. SANTA: No live Santa can be in the parade. (The only Santa will be the Rotary Santa. More than one Santa will confuse children).
5. MOTORCYCLES: No motorcycles allowed, due to noise.
6. VEHICLES: All vehicles must be street-legal. (no go-carts, etc)
7. HORSES: No horses allowed, except for MPD Mounted Patrol.
8. GENERATORS: All vehicles with generators must have working fire extinguisher.
9. HOLIDAY THEME: Rotary parade committee has the final approval of all parade entries. If any entries are deemed inappropriate for the family / holiday theme, they will be removed from the parade. (Hate-speech, political verbiage, profanity, "scary" images or characters, etc. will not be allowed.)
10. POLITICIANS: Only the name of the politician, and the elected position / title will be allowed on the vehicles. No political party "message". (E.g: Hon. Nathan Hecht, Republican Candidate for Chief Justice, Supreme Court, Place is allowed.)
11. ALCOHOL: No alcohol is allowed in the parade staging area.
12. STAGING AREA: PARKING LOT AT THE CORNERS OF TENNESSEE AND DAVIS. All vehicles and floats will be assigned a number at the packet pickup. This is your slot in the parade. A location will be assigned to each group of 10 â€“ you must report to the specific location at designated time in order to line up in order. DO NOT PARK ON THE STREETS AHEAD OF TIME - THIS ONLY DELAYS THE LINEUP PROCESS.
13. VEHICLES: All vehicles must have license plates, current registration, inspection and insurance up to date. We encourage you to show up with a full tank of gas.
14. SIGNAGE: Signs for floats are the responsibility of the organizations.
15. NO-REFUNDS: Parade fees are non-refundable.
16. CELL PHONE: We need a cell phone number for one contact person for EVERY PARADE ENTRY. Make sure your phone is on, and charged. (This is in case the committee needs to reach you prior to line-up).
December 10, 2016